Signa Trust actively helps young, black South African females to reach their tertiary goals through financial assistance. We provide bursaries for women and through our generous donors we sponsor women’s tertiary education. Since our inception in 2012 and thanks to our shareholdings and donors, we have provided funding for over 45 young black women in various qualification fields including the IT, Medical and Science fields.
As a result, contributors and donors not only improve their Socio-Economic Development (SED) targets and enjoy tax-deductions on taxable income, but they also help further the life and career of these female beneficiaries.
The Board of Trustees are independent parties that ensure full objectivity and fairness with all bursary allocations and consist of:
- Ms Tulani Hlabangana – B-BBEE Specialist and Signa Representative
- Ms Kalnisha Singh – MCom (Economics)
- Mr Comfort Mulaudzi – CA(SA)
How the time flies! Since our inception, we have impacted the lives of many young women including:
- Business practice learnership programme – value R1.1 million (16 students)
- Project management learnership programme – value R150 000 (2 students)
- SAQA accredited cleaning learnership – value R1.6 million (10 students)
- ICT sector (FTTH) training programme – value R50 000 (3 students)
- Full time university students (BSc/MBChB/IT) sponsorships – value R1.65 million annually (11 students)
- Distance learning / NQF – value R45 000 annually (3 students)
A proud member of Signa Group
Signa Group is a collective of shared businesses with a common vision of preparing Africa for a working future by offering solutions to economic challenges. Since 2004, Signa Group has emerged empowering South Africans to reach their full potential. Collectively, Signa Group is the leading company in economic transformation solutions with a core focus on B-BBEE compliance, teaching individuals new skills, helping businesses succeed, making smart investments, creating jobs, managing bursaries, improving communities, and leveraging technology to move forward. Signa Group is committed to driving sustainable growth, empowerment, and positive change.
Signa Trust is a fully accredited Public Benefit Organisation (PBO) and enjoys B-BBEE recognition of 100 % black woman ownership due to the beneficiary base which is all female students in the youth category. The Trust undertakes an external B-BBEE verification audit annually.